Running a business in 2022 comes with many responsibilities and headaches, particularly in the aftermath of the pandemic and all of the changes that it brought.
Challenges around remote and hybrid working, increased cybersecurity needs, and the impact of GDPR has become a central element of day-to-day operations, and business owners simply cannot afford to become complacent.
Working with your IT service provider benefits your business
The shift to remote and hybrid working arrangements has left businesses more vulnerable than ever before to cyber attacks, as we discussed in this article.
Partnering with an IT service provider can keep your business secure, relevant, and up to date with the ever-evolving cybersecurity landscape.
Here are nine things your IT service provider should do for your business:
- Provide proactive, dedicated system monitoring
- Ensure that your data is secure
- Ensure that your business continuity and disaster recovery plans can be implemented
- Provide dedicated on-site support as well as remote
- Keep up to date with technological advances and trends
- Save you time and money
- Complement remote and hybrid working arrangements
- Offer services and solutions that are tailored to your needs
- Take the strain off your in-house team
Nine things your IT service provider should do for your business
1. Provide proactive, dedicated system monitoring
Your IT service provider should continuously monitor your network for technical issues and malicious attacks. They should also perform regular security testing, giving you peace of mind that any problems will be detected and resolved as efficiently as possible.
2. Ensure that your data is secure
Your IT service provider should ensure that your data is frequently and securely backed up, both onsite and on a remote server.
3. Ensure that your business continuity and disaster recovery plans can be implemented
In the event of a cyber attack or natural disaster, you want to minimise downtime and maintain business continuity. Your IT service provider should be able to ensure that your data can be recovered quickly, and then put back into action based on your organisation’s own Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
4. Provide dedicated on-site support as well as remote
Having a provider that is available for on-site support means that all your bases are covered. You’ll always have access to expert service and support, no matter what the problem is.
5. Keep up to date with technological advances and trends
A good IT service provider is constantly learning, training, and investing in their skills so they can offer the best possible service to their clients. You get to avail of their specialised skill set without having to train your in-house team in every new system or tool that comes out.
6. Save you time and money
Managed IT services usually have low start-up costs and fixed monthly payments, making it easier for you to budget for your IT expenses. They should also make it easy for you to scale up as your business grows.
7. Complement remote and hybrid working arrangements
The centralised management of your IT services should ensure that all employees have the same experience, regardless of whether they are at home or in the office. In addition, Azure Virtual Desktop provides remote workers with a fully functional desktop experience wherever they are.
8. Offer services and solutions that are tailored to your needs
A good IT service provider will work with you to understand exactly what your business needs and offer a customised solution as well as aftercare support.
9. Take the strain off your in-house IT team
Your IT service provider should take care of all the mundane everyday tasks, freeing up your in-house team to focus on other areas such as improving your IT infrastructure.
The final, and most crucial, thing that your IT service provider should do is this: be a partner that you can rely on, one who takes the time to understand you and your business.
At Calnet IT Solutions, we have been providing proactive IT support to businesses across Ireland for almost 20 years. We provide industry-standard protection at a reasonable price, allowing you to focus on core strategic and revenue-generating activities.
Our range of Managed IT Services and solutions include:
- Managed Cloud Services
- Network Infrastructure Services
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Firewall-as-a-Service (FWaaS)
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Business IT Hardware Support Services
With our team of experts behind you, you can focus your energy on growing your business and providing the best possible service to your customers.
Get in touch today and let us give you peace of mind as your IT service provider.